Mayday Pit Bull Rescue & Advocacy has several long term, unpaid volunteer opportunities available. We know many people would love to work directly with our dogs…but there are so many other ways to save lives! These opportunities are vital to the continual success of our rescue. If you have an interest in combining your love of animals with your strong business skills, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age
- Long term commitment to the role and the ability to commit 5-10 hours a week to rescue work
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Significant organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of the groups of breeds we serve
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Sound judgment, composure and the ability to represent the rescue in a knowledgeable and professional manner at all times
- Computer skills include MS Office, Access , Excel, Adobe, etc. depending on job role
- Alignment with Mayday mission and philosophy
The Foster Coordinator will be the primary resource for our existing foster homes and will assist in recruiting new foster homes for the rescue. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Respond to inquiries and messages about fostering in a timely manner
- Maintain detailed rescue dog and foster parent database
- Track testing, vaccination and medical appointments for foster dogs and coordinate transport for veterinary visits as necessary
- Conduct in home foster parent visits and dog introductions
- Insure foster homes have adequate supplies (food, crates, leashes, collars, etc.)
- Provide foster care support, training and information
- Develop and maintain a standardized foster care review procedure for fostered animals
- Develop detailed foster training materials
- Recruitment and screening of potential foster participants
- Regularly participates in animal screening and medical exams and insures that all foster dogs receive all required medical care (vaccinations, spay/neuter, microchip, medical issues/illness care)
- May assist with public education and adoption events
- Works in a manner that reflects the mission of the rescue and insures the safety of the dogs in foster care
- Fields all existing foster parent questions and concerns including emergency calls
- Consistent and reliable communication with rescue officers regarding foster dogs and parents
The Grant Writer is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to secure grant funding in support of Mayday’s programs and campaigns. Primary responsibilities include:
- Identifies, researches and cultivates prospects that best align with the rescue’s priorities and needs.
- Submits Letter of Intents, proposals and online applications on behalf of the rescue in a timely and consistent manner.
- Networks with potential funders to develop relationships that will ensure the rescue is visible.
- Strong writing and communication skills are required along with experience in grant writing and submitting online grant applications.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research is important.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines is required.
- Must have a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Consistent communication with rescue officers regarding the status of grant prospects will be required.